Question Re: GPC website docs 4 online

Mirsad Todorovac mtodorov at alu.hr
Mon May 5 13:52:29 CEST 2003

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Frank Heckenbach wrote:

> Mirsad Todorovac wrote:
>
> > I wondered whether we could change what is seen on
> >
> > 	http://www.gnu-pascal.de/gpc-hr/index.html
> >
> > in that way that Croatian text comes first, or after the "Short Contents"
> > section? This way, it took me time to even think that something is
> > bellow the long "Table of Contents", which includes even "Alphabetical
> > language reference"?
> >
> > Alternativelly, there could be some link leading to main chapter of docs
> > in some more intuitive way ...
>
> I can link to #Top in the future.
>
> If you (or someone) have any other idea, let me know (preferably in
> form of a patch to the documentation sources) ...
>
> Frank

Thank you, Frank!

What I meant to say is that - the way it is - virtually nothing in
Croatian is actually seen in first screenful of information, so my first
impression was that there must be something wrong, until I scrolled to the
bottom.

I thought of the researches telling how some or even most people do not
scroll at all if nothing understandable is on the first screen ...

Also ... since most of the titles belong to the FAQ, "Programming" book
and reference, first impression is that 1% to max. 3% of manual is
translated - while the actual quantity of translated text is slightly
bellow 20%.

IMHO this could discourage reader.

(The best, perhaps, would be to have expandable/shrinkable +/- items, if
you know what I mean, yet if that can't be auto-generated by makeinfo
--html, then I rest my case ...)

Thanks,
Mirsad