Linking without automake/autobuild

Mariusz Zynel mariusz at math.uwb.edu.pl
Tue Jul 18 18:38:28 CEST 2000

Peter Gerwinski wrote:

> Another solution:  It is planned to distribute an external utility
> in the future which does the same as `--automake' and more.  This
> will make GPC's internal `--automake' facility obsolete.

Frank mentioned something already... I've been always told that good
programming practice is to break every task into smaller,
"selfcontained" tasks... less error prone.

> > E.g. Free
> > Pascal works so that it always runs in autobuild mode, at least
> > one of its older versions I had.
>
> "Autobuild" or "automake"?  I'd consider "autobuild" a bug,
> "automake" a feature.

It was autobuild... weird. No offense intended FP guys.

Regards

--
        .
Mariusz Zynel

Institute of Mathematics   |   phone: +48 (85) 745 75 52
University of Bialystok    |
Akademicka 2 St            |   mailto:mariusz at math.uwb.edu.pl
15-267 Bialystok           |
Poland                     |   http://math.uwb.edu.pl/~mariusz/