p/scripts/find-sed problem with djgpp and gpc20000723

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Mon Jul 24 14:53:14 CEST 2000

Maurice Lombardi wrote:

> Joachim Falk a écrit :
> >
> > the find-sed script assumes that the temp dir is /tmp witch isnt always
> > true under djgpp.
> > instead you should use the TMPDIR var witch is set in djgpp.env
>
> Indeed I did not notice this because y have a /tmp dir in my tree

I think the default DJGPP installation creates this directory
because DJGPP's goal is to be as Unix compatible as possible, and
the typical Unix script may assume /tmp to exist.

But of course, it's safer to check $TMPDIR, and as I said, the GPC
scripts do so now (and the GPC function GetTempDirectory has always
done so as well).

Frank Heckenbach, frank at g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/
http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/todo.html