Delphi-compatible SYSUTILS unit (beta) released!

Prof Abimbola Olowofoyeku African_Chief at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 25 23:20:23 CEST 2000

Hi all

I have just released the first public beta of a Delphi-compatible
"sysutils" unit to agnes. It has been tested under Cygwin, Mingw,
Linux (Mandrake 7.0), and Solaris 7.

As far as I know, there are no general portability or endian issues -
but there may well be bugs.

Please download the file:
ftp://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/home/chief/sysutils-20000725.zip

The package contains a test program, which you can try out. The
program's output is fairly self explanatory, and you can see from it
what has succeeded/failed, without looking at the sources in most
cases.

Please send all bug reports/fixes to me.

Please note that this is not a complete implementation of the sysutils
unit, but it is a fairly comprehensive port. Some things (e.g.,
exceptions) cannot be implemented until some new features (e.g.,
classes) are added to GPC. Others have not been implemented, either
because there is no time, or because I simply am incapable of
implementing them.

Frank has helped with many of the more difficult routines that have
already been implemented. If anybody else wants to help, please feel
free to do so!

Please let me have all your success (or otherwise) stories! I am
particularly interested to know the OS platforms that the unit compiles
and works correctly under.

Thanks.

Watch this space for portable unzip and Huffman compression
libraries!

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v5.22.1 for Win32
  http://www.bigfoot.com/~African_Chief/chief32.htm
Email: African_Chief at bigfoot.com