installation difficulties

Robert P. Ewing ewing at iastate.edu
Wed Jul 26 18:21:17 CEST 2000

Hello, all.

Following Maurice's suggestion, I acquired the 2.95.2 build, downloading
from agnes' /home/maurice directory.  I also put in the new grx23s stuff,
reconciling directories by putting ../contrib/grx232 subdirectory contents
into the respective ../ subdirectories, always updating.

Now when I go to c:/gpc and issue
gpc --automake -v -o diffus.exe diffus/diffus12.pas
I get the (vast) command line, some information on include directories, then

gpcpp.exe:  ../include/sys/version.h: no such file or directory (ENOENT)

In fact, there is no ../include/sysdirectory at all, nor is there a
version.h file on my hard drive.

I must point out that I don't have djgpp at all: I am programming only
in Pascal, not in C.  Do I need to grab some other files that gpc is
assuming it can access from gcc?

many thanks,
Toby