New bug in gpc-20010502?

Prof Abimbola Olowofoyeku African_Chief at bigfoot.com
Thu May 3 00:16:53 CEST 2001

Hi Frank et. al.

A new bug (or incompatibility) seems to have crept into the latest gpc
snapshot. In rts.c, in the function _p_SelectHandle(), there are these
lines:
  #ifndef HAVE_SELECT
  (void) readfds;
  (void) writefds;
  (void) exceptfds;
  if (n) return -1;
  _p_SleepMicroSeconds (MicroSeconds);

Well, each line, except the call to _p_SleepMicroSeconds() causes an
error when compiling gpc for Mingw. Basically, I have had to comment
out each troublesome line. I am not sure whether the problem is in that
code or in the 'configure' script for the RTS or whether it is a gremlin
in my system.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro for Win32
  http://www.bigfoot.com/~African_Chief/chief32.htm
Email: African_Chief at bigfoot.com