GPC on FreeBSD

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Sun May 6 05:22:25 CEST 2001

Stephen Hurd wrote:

> I had no problems building the newest release on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE... just
> following the build instructions.  I'm currently running gpc version
> 20010227, based on pgcc-2.95.2 19991024 (release).
>
> I did have one based on gcc2.95.2, but I figured why not used the Intel
> optimized compiler?
>
> What I did was install the pgcc port, then followed the gpc build
> instructions using the pgcc source tree in /usr/ports.
>
> It seems to work for me.

OK, so I'll tell them to just try that.

But before I do, I'd like to know whether the Makefile problem ("No
rule to make target `choose-temp.o', needed by `xgpc.exe'") is
solved or not. I've seen contradictory statements about that. I.e.,
does the current GPC build with gcc-2.95* without this problem (on
any platform)?

> Unfortunately, just yesterday, the drive I was using for /usr/ports died on
> me... otherwise I'd send you a pre-build copy.  :-(

Too bad. :-(

If you manage to build it again, please let me know.

Frank Heckenbach, frank at g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/
http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/todo.html