Memory leak

Martin Liddle martin at tcs02.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 00:23:03 CEST 2001

In article
<Pine.SGI.4.33.0109242140230.155863-100000 at pugh.bip.bham.ac.uk>, Miklos
Cserzo <miklos at pugh.bip.bham.ac.uk> writes
>> There certainly was a serious memory leak problem in the run time system
>> that gave us a lot of grief, however it was fixed by Frank in late May
>> so it isn't that one you are seeing.  We certainly aren't currently
>> seeing any memory leaks in applications that run for several days at a
>> time.  You will need to provide some more information to help in
>> isolating the problem. Can you provide a reasonable size test program
>> that demonstrates the problem?
>
>My code is a bit complex I rather wouldn't post it unless it's
>unavoidable. All I can say now: there is no dynamic memory allocation
>involved nor pointers nor anything notoriously easy to make it wrong. Only
>very basic straight Pascal.

I don't doubt you are seeing a problem and please don't post anything
large.  However for this problem to be found you are going to have to do
a bit of work.  Try hacking the code down to isolate where the problem
occurs.

Not everybody is seeing your problem and you will have to provide some
clues.
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 27 Garforth Close,
Cramlington, Northumberland, England, NE23 6EW.