Memory leak

Martin Liddle martin at
Tue Sep 25 00:23:03 CEST 2001

In article
<Pine.SGI.4.33.0109242140230.155863-100000 at>, Miklos
Cserzo <miklos at> writes
>> There certainly was a serious memory leak problem in the run time system
>> that gave us a lot of grief, however it was fixed by Frank in late May
>> so it isn't that one you are seeing.  We certainly aren't currently
>> seeing any memory leaks in applications that run for several days at a
>> time.  You will need to provide some more information to help in
>> isolating the problem. Can you provide a reasonable size test program
>> that demonstrates the problem?
>My code is a bit complex I rather wouldn't post it unless it's
>unavoidable. All I can say now: there is no dynamic memory allocation
>involved nor pointers nor anything notoriously easy to make it wrong. Only
>very basic straight Pascal.
I don't doubt you are seeing a problem and please don't post anything
large.  However for this problem to be found you are going to have to do
a bit of work.  Try hacking the code down to isolate where the problem

Not everybody is seeing your problem and you will have to provide some
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 27 Garforth Close,
Cramlington, Northumberland, England, NE23 6EW.
Phone: 01670-712624.  Fax: 01670-717324.
Web site: <>.