General GNU Pascal questions

Eike Lange eike.lange at uni-essen.de
Tue Aug 6 10:07:15 CEST 2002

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:03:50AM +0200, Heine Ferreira wrote:
> Does the compiler under Windows work in a text
> mode or GUI mode?

Text mode.

> Can you write GUI programs with this?

Yes, of course.
AFAIK, You'll have the full(??) access to the W32-API.

> Does it support ODBC or OLE DB or any particular
> database?

There are units for mysql and postgresql available, not tested unter
W32.

> Does the compiler have an IDE?

AFAIK No.

> Can it use DLL's or ActiveX controls?

Don't know.

> I don't understand how to download and install the
> Windows version. Can you help me please?
> Must you first install the DOS version?

Please install MinGW (http://www.mingw.org/) first. Search for the
GPC binaries at mingw and install them. Its a bit difficult on W32.
I'd suggest using Linux, (Free-, ...)BSD and so on.