gpc with gcc 3.1.1

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Aug 26 21:55:22 CEST 2002

I am trying to make gpc work with gpc 3.1.1. Currently gpc1
compiles and links (I omitted gcpp, runtime and the 'gpc' driver).
About 80% of testsuite works, but the remaining bugs still
make compiler unuseable:
 -- gcp1 crashes trying to use gpc unit
 -- sometimes arrays and records are mislayed
 -- record layout functions complain about function
    declarations in objects.
Of course, a bunch of minor bugs also shows up.

I have a few questions about getting my work into mainline:
-- is there anybody working on the same thing (the disscusion few
   months ago suggested that nobody)?
-- should I try to resolve remaning bugs before I submit a patch?
-- is gpc supposed to compile with other C compilers or only with gcc?
More specific questions will follow (I spent last week offline).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl    or hebisch at hera.math.uni.wroc.pl