Problems compiling GPC on NetBSD/sparc

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Thu Aug 29 18:47:33 CEST 2002

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been trying to compile GPC on my NetBSD/sparc 1.5.2 system.
> Unfortunately it fails with a bunch of 'undefined reference' errors for
> calls to libc functions.
>
> Here are a few snips of the output from make.  If anyone could suggest a
> fix, I'd be very grateful.
>
> bash-2.05$  uname -a
> NetBSD helios 1.5.2 NetBSD 1.5.2 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Aug 22 04:33:09 CST
> 2001     toor at proxima:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc
>
> bash-2.05$ make
> make all-recursive
> Making all in intl
> Making all in lib
> Making all in makeinfo
> gcc  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA   -g -O2   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cccp cccp.o cexp.o
> intl.o prefix.o version.o  mbchar.o obstack.o
> ../libiberty/libiberty.a
> /usr/lib/crt0.o: In function `___start':
> /usr/lib/crt0.o(.text+0xf8): undefined reference to `main'
> cccp.o: In function `safe_read':
> /usr/tmp/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/cccp.c(.text+0x224): undefined reference to
> `_read'
<snip>
Those look like standard underscore problem, some systems like all
names with underscore prepended (a.out), other not (ELF). They have
nothing to do with Pascal.
I think (like other posters) that you just misconfigured GCC (or
there is a bug in configure).
You should first try to build GCC _without_ GPC. If nothing else
helps, you should be able to find GCC build directory in system sources.
Once GCC builds, you should have no problems with GPC.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl    or hebisch at hera.math.uni.wroc.pl