Locale Directory

Eike Lange eike.lange at uni-essen.de
Wed Apr 2 12:23:37 CEST 2003

Hi Folks!

I'd like to improve the facilities of our `intl' unit
which interfaces GNU Gettext.
There is one little problem with it: The user of this
unit might not know where to install and retrive the
locale informations, needed by `BindTextDomain'.

* A common place under Unix like systems might be
/Executable-Path-Without-Bin/share/locale
which is well defined for Linux.

* What about DJGPP, MinGW, CygWin, MacOS, ...?
Are there common rules to find the locale directory?

As a reference source code for this problem, you might
want to have a look at `gettextdemo.pas'.

Thanks for your help

Eike