nonlocal `goto's (was: gpc-20030323

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Fri Apr 18 05:59:07 CEST 2003

I wrote:

> Adriaan van Os wrote:
>
> > Frank Heckenbach wrote:
> >
> > > I've uploaded a new alpha to http://www.gnu-pascal.de/alpha/
> >
> > It builds on Mac OS X. Testsuite results are as expected (known
> > back-end issues)
>
> That's only the nonlocal goto bug (if you apply the backend
> patches), or anything else?
>
> I've had the idea that this can maybe be worked-around by using
> longjmp (as is done for nonlocal gotos into the main program which
> work AFAIR). I haven't dealt with label internals much, so I don't
> know how difficult this will be, but I may look into it when I get
> to it ...

After some other changes I made, I found that this was rather easy
to implement, and the next GPC version will support it with
`--longjmp-all-nonlocal-labels'.

Even if it's fixed in gcc-3.3 on Mac OS, this might be useful. Who
knows on which other platforms the bug may still exist or what other
new bugs gcc-3.3 will bring ...

GPC download signing key: 51FF C1F0 1A77 C6C2 4482  4DDC 117A 9773 7F88 1707