Progress of Mac OS X port

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Sun Apr 20 03:02:51 CEST 2003

Adriaan van Os wrote:

> Special thanks to Peter N. Lewis, who did the bulk of the work, and to
> Frank Heckenbach for providing the needed compiler options.

BTW, `local maximum-field-alignment' will work in the next release.
I've just implemented it.

> Included in the ported PInterfaces is GPCMacOS.pas, a unit that
> combines all other units into one big file. By leaving out unsupported
> technologies, we got it down from 300000 lines to 160000 lines. It
> compiles in just a few seconds. Amazing !

Good to hear so. Generally, compiling interfaces should not take too
long (unless there's another "O(n^2)" or similar case we've missed).
What takes most of the time usually is the code generation,
especially with optimizations.

GPC download signing key: 51FF C1F0 1A77 C6C2 4482  4DDC 117A 9773 7F88 1707