Modules without implementation

CBFalconer cbfalconer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 01:04:28 CEST 2003

Gale Paeper wrote:
> Frank Heckenbach wrote:

... snip ...

> Okay, that clarifies that your focus is on ISO 10206 compliance and
> not on an extension to cover something that is missing from ISO 10206.
>
> If I'm reading ISO 10206 correctly, it isn't a legal code construct.
>
> > : program–component = main–program–declaration `.'
> > :                     | module–declaration `.' .
> > : module–declaration = module–heading [ `;' module–block ]
> > :                    | module–identification `;' module–block .
> > : module–heading = `module' identifier [ interface–directive ]
> > :                   [ `(' module–parameter–list `)' ] `;'
> > :                   interface–specification–part
> > :                   import–part
> > :                   { constant–definition–part
> > :                   | type–definition–part
> > :                   | variable–declaration–part
> > :                   | procedure–and–function–heading–part }
> > :                   `end' .
> >
> > Note the optional module-block in the first form of
> > module-declaration. So IIUIC, there are 3 kinds of "module
> > components": module headings with `interface' (aka interface
> > modules), module headings without `interface' and module
> > identifications (aka implementation modules).
>
> I think the point of misunderstanding is with "module headings without
> `interface'".  For this case, EP requires a requires a module-block to
> follow the module-heading.
>
> I think the relevant text from paragraph 6.11.1 is:
>
> "An interface-directive shall occur in a module-heading of a
> module-declaration if and only if a module-block does not occur in the
> module-declaration."

I should think this sort of discussion would be better suited to
comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso, where some of the originators of the
standard might well chime in.  It is not peculiar to GPC AFAICT.

--
Chuck F (cbfalconer at yahoo.com) (cbfalconer at worldnet.att.net)
   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!