OOP Pascal Question (may be slightly off topic)

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 14:43:33 CEST 2003

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but I thought this might be a good
place to ask (a lot of Pascal experience):

Does anyone know of a Pascal compiler which offers OOP semantics to
match Objective C (or SmallTalk)?  From what I have seen, the OOP
semantics of most Pascal compilers seem quite different, but I am
looking into merging Objective C object/method semantics into Pascal as
part of a master's project, and was wondering if anyone has seen this
done before.

For those who don't know, Objective C and SmallTalk have such
capabilities as adding new methods to existing classes at runtime,
performing late binding of method invocations (which involve a
partially call-by-name syntax, where parameters after the first one are
tagged), and some other interesting features.

I have not firmly decided as to whether I will try to merge these
features into a local copy of GPC, or write a translator into Objective
C code (which would be nice for interfacing with Cocoa under OS X, for
example; the GPC route may be more portable, but would add a lot more
work to the project).

If someone is aware of such a compiler already, please let me know!

Thank you.

=====
=======
Frank D. Engel, Jr.

Modify the equilibrium of the vertically-oriented particle decelerator to result in the reestablishment of its resistance to counterproductive atmospheric penetration.