PDCurses for Cygwin

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chiefsoft at bigfoot.com
Mon Dec 8 23:54:50 CET 2003

On 8 Dec 2003 at 20:10, Paul.Igodt wrote:

> Referring to my earlier messages, and the help from Frank, who
> was telling:
>
> > The CRT unit needs a curses library (ncurses oder PDCurses). I
> > suppose you haven't installed one, or there's an installation
> > problem with it (probably one of the first errors is something like
> > "curses.h not found" -- unfortunately GCC outputs a lot of IMHO rather
> > useless following messages resulting from the missing file).
> >
> > If you have installed curses, perhaps another Cygwin user can help you
> > better.
>
> I tried to install PDCurses for my Cygwin set-up.
>
> I think compilation of PDCurses sources was succesful.
> At least, after compilation, I am getting a whole list
> of *.o files in my installation directory, which I named
> PDCurses, inside my $HOME

Get this file:
http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/chief/win32/cygwin/pdcurses-2.6-cygwin.tar.gz

Change to you "/" directory, and unpack the archive. When you compile a
program using the Crt unit, you should supply "-DUSE_PDCURSES" at the
command line.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.bigfoot.com/~african_chief/