Weird type/identifier conflicts

Peter N Lewis peter at stairways.com.au
Sat Mar 1 12:08:30 CET 2003

At 10:48 AM +0000 1/3/03, Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) wrote:
>On 1 Mar 2003 at 16:38, Peter N Lewis wrote:
>
>[...]
>>  In the Mac world, this is generally called "Uses Propagation" and was
>>  always on in THINK Pascal and is a compiler switch in CodeWarrior.
>>
>>  The best use of it is for writing a unit MacOS.p that includes all the
>>  MacOS API interface files for you in one go, rather than have to specify
>>  them each explicitly as you use them.  Is there any way to get an
>>  equivalent to this in GPC?
>
>gpc foo.pas --automake --uses=MacOS

Perhaps I was unclear, either that or I'm confused.  MacOS.p is just:

unit MacOS;

interface

uses MacTypes,MacMemory,Sound,Controls,and,everything,under,the,sun;

end.

So if I understand correctly, with GPC which does not have Uses
Propagation, "uses MacOS" either with or without the command line
would never do anything, correct?

Thanks,
    Peter.

--