Prefix directives -> attributes

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Tue Mar 4 21:30:32 CET 2003

Some directives in GPC are written in prefix form, in particular
`static', `volatile', `register' for variables and `inline' for
routines, e.g.:

inline procedure Foo;

var a: static Integer;

Since this syntax is also more like C than Pascal, I'd like to turn
them into attributes, thereby also making them non-keywords. E.g.:

procedure Foo; attribute (inline);

var a: Integer; attribute (static);

I suppose `static' variables are `inline' routines are used to some
extent (but hopefully not too much), the others should be
negligible, so the amount of changes necessary should be limited.

And since I'm doing the incompatible changes WRT `c', `c_language'
and `asmname' now, it might be a good time to do them all at once.

Any objections?

GPC download signing key: 51FF C1F0 1A77 C6C2 4482  4DDC 117A 9773 7F88 1707