Weird type/identifier conflicts

Grant Jacobs gjacobs at bioinfotools.com
Tue Mar 4 23:45:46 CET 2003

At 9:16 PM +0100 4/3/03, Frank Heckenbach wrote:
>Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
>
>>  As far as that goes, why not simply add on a modifier to the unit
>>  itself, as in:
>>
>>  SHARED UNIT name;
>
><crying desperately="100%"> Please, not another new keyword!
>
>>  That way, programs and other units would still work the same way, and
>>  would not need to specify this specially (you could still do something
>>  strange like 'USES SHARED name, STATIC name';
>
>That's already two new mechanisms. I'd prefer to keep it simple.
>
>>  or for
>>  anti-adding-keyword people, a good idea really, 'USES INTERFACE name,
>>  USES IMPLEMENTATION name', or sim.)
>
>Much better already (syntactically).
>
>Though, actually, it's not qutie accurate. It would sound like "use
>the interface/implementation part". But, of course, always the
>interface part is used, while this is about re-exporting.

I agree with this last point - when it I saw the original suggestion
I paused thinking the same thing. I'll try get onto that inheritance
model post by the end of the weekend. Kind-of flat out...

Grant
Grant Jacobs Ph.D.                                     BioinfoTools
ph. +64 3 476 1820  (office, after 10am)               PO Box 6129,
or  +64 25 601 5917 (mobile)                               Dunedin,
gjacobs at bioinfotools.com                               NEW ZEALAND.
    Bioinformatics tools: deriving knowledge from biological data
Bioinformatics tools - software development - consulting - training
Check out the website for more details: http://www.bioinfotools.com

The information contained in this mail message is  confidential and
may  be legally privileged. Readers of this message who are not the
intended recipient are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If  you
have received this message in error please notify the sender immed-
iately and destroy the original message.  This applies also to  any
attached documents.