Combining .o files?

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Wed Mar 26 14:37:19 CET 2003

Gale Paeper wrote:

> In essense, it is a combination of C header mechanisms with Pascal's
> unit mechanics.  In effect, it is a poorman's implementation of Extended
> Pascal's import and export parts without all the fine grained control
> features like renaming and selective imports and exports. To make it
> work, though, the compiler has to be able to propagate compiler variable
> defines through the uses clause chain to avoid a boatload of redunant
> compiles and multiple redeclarations.  I have the impression that GPC
> doesn't support that sort of compiler variable propagation so Apple's
> unit and include file methods and organization isn't going to work.

I don't understand what you mean, so I can't answer your question.
Variable declarations in units surely work -- but that's nothing
special. Uses propagation (whether routines or variables) doesn't
work in GPC as you know. So I suppose you mean something different.

GPC download signing key: 51FF C1F0 1A77 C6C2 4482  4DDC 117A 9773 7F88 1707