gpc-20030323 - compiler crash

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chiefsoft at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 27 17:39:29 CET 2003

On 27 Mar 2003 at 16:20, Frank Heckenbach wrote:

> > Unfortunately, while the patch works for the test program that you
> > have created (above), the problem still exists with my code, and I
> > still get precisely the same error as before. I have been trying hard
> > (without success) to reduce the problem to a small program, but I have
> > no idea what to look for, or what could possibly be the matter.
> > Perhaps it could relate to lots and lots of sub-classing?
>
> I forgot to say: After applying the patch, you'll have to recompile all
> Pascal files (remove all GPIs). If this still doesn't help, I need some
> example code.

Are you talking about my own files, or the RTS files p/rts?

I already removed the former - to no effect. As for example code,
unless you want 30,000 lines of code, all my attempts to reduce the
problem to a small program have failed. I will continue trying though -
but in the meantime I will have to revert to the previous alpha.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.bigfoot.com/~african_chief/