gpc-20030323 - compiler crash

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chiefsoft at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 29 11:27:10 CET 2003

On 28 Mar 2003 at 16:19, Frank Heckenbach wrote:

> Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) wrote:
>
> > I have been able to reduce the problem to a small program. The problem
> > seems to lie in the handling of the declaration of virtual methods,
> > and how units use each other. I am attaching the test program
> > (chief45). I have embedded some comments as to how to circumvent the
> > problem (without fixing the bug) - but this is obviously not the
> > solution.
>
> Thanks. With this example, I could fix the bug (hopefully this time the
> right one, and without breaking anything else ...).

Something else is broken. The attached revised chief45u.pas shows it.
The problem is when one unit uses another (interface section) and that
other one uses the first one (implementation section). All you need to
do to trigger it is to add "uses chief45v;" in the implementation
section of chief45u.pas.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.bigfoot.com/~african_chief/