module/unit interface `Gpc' could not be imported

Leo Brewin Leo.Brewin at sci.monash.edu.au
Sat Dec 11 01:01:08 CET 2004

Hi Folks,

My apologies if this is a silly question...

I've just compiled gpc-20020510 on my Red Hat 9 system and I can't seem
to compile any of the demo programs (except hello.pas). Here is what I did

    mv gpc-20020510/p/ gcc-2.95.2/gcc/
    mkdir gpc-build
    cd gpc-build
    ../gcc-2.95.2/configure --enable-language=pascal
                            --prefix=/home/leo/local
    make install

There were no errors during the above compilation.
Next I tried the demo programs,

    cd ~/local/doc/gpc/demos

    gpc factorial.pas
    factorial.pas:31: module/unit interface `Gpc' could not be imported

I guess there is something blindingly obvious that I have forgotten.
Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks,
Leo Brewin