GCC integration?

Nathanael Nerode neroden at twcny.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 18:05:51 CET 2004

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Waldek Hebisch wrote:
>
>>> What would it take to integrate GNU Pascal with the rest of GCC?
>>
>> Short answer: more developers (and testers).
>

> IMHO you would get more testers (users) automatically if GPC would be
> included into the GCC repository.  And it would be much easier to
> contribtueif the code could be checked out via CVS and so there would
> be also a better chance to recruit more developers .

Indeed.  If it were on a devel branch at GCC CVS, a certain number of us
GCC hackers would work to integrate it and get the branch merged; as it
is, it's really rather inconvient to do such integration work

For example, I'm working on cleaning up the icky Ada configury, not
because I know anything about Ada, but because it's part of GCC and I
don't like having ickinesses like that in GCC mainline.

In contrast, I actually do know something about Pascal.