GCC integration?

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Fri Dec 17 03:01:17 CET 2004

Russell Whitaker  wrote:
> Perhaps GPC could be integrated with GCC-3.3.6 which is scheduled for
> release April 30, 2005
>
> As far as I know GPC compiles nicely with GCC-3.3.5 so the problems
> with the integration might be mostly political.

Well:
1) I should not speak for GCC developers, but GCC policy is to do
   new developement on CVS version (currenly coming 4.0). Improvements
   to older versions are actively discouraged.

2) One can get "integrated" compiler dropping in gpc tarball and
   appling the patch form `diffs' subdirectory. Going beyond that
   would be mostly wasted effort, because gcc-3.4.x and coming 4.x
   are different enough (so one would have to re-do the work for
   newer versions)

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl