GPC: Is it currently being developed

Markus Gerwinski markus at gerwinski.de
Fri Dec 17 19:27:54 CET 2004

Hi Jon!

> I recently became aware of your project. Is GPC currently being developed?
> Are Delphi classes and exceptions going to become a reality anytime soon? I
> wouldn't mind working with some pre-stable code if they are. If they aren't
> what are the GPC alternatives?

GPC is being developed, alive and well. :-)  Delphi classes have been planned
for quite a while now, but I don't know to what point they are implemented so
far. However, GPC has Borland-Pascal style objects with a few extensions.

As for exceptions, I'm currently working on a standard class library for GPC
that provides, among other things, exception handling. It is work in progress,
without documentation etc., but I hope my demo sources are readable enough to
give you a start. You can download the library from
http://www.markus.gerwinski.de/gnualp/.

Of course I wasn't able to implement a real try..except syntax in my units, but
I tried to make my API functions look as close as possible. If you give it a
shot, let me know how it's going. :-)

Regards,

  Markus