GCC integration?

E. Weddington ericw at evcohs.com
Fri Dec 17 21:35:16 CET 2004

Steven Bosscher wrote:

>On Friday 17 December 2004 20:31, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>

>>* Pascal integration as a release goal for GCC 4.1
>>

>You forget that it is not clear if the gpc people actually
>want this.  I don't see the GNU Pascal maintainers in this
>discussion.

Since I started this whole thread off in the GPC list...
What I don't fully understand is (and anybody correct me if I'm wrong):

1. From what I can tell, it looks like that GPC is a part of the GNU
project. <http://gnu-pascal.de/gpc/h-gnu.html>
2. So is GCC (obvious).
3. At one point, there was an item under the "GNU Help Wanted" list on
Savannah: <http://savannah.gnu.org/people/?group=tasklist>, that asked
for new languages for GCC. Unfortunately, I don't see this item there now.

So why isn't GPC integrated? If the FSF has the copyright for the Pascal
front-end, why can't anybody just take the available patches and start
moving them over and getting them worked up?

Eric