GCC integration?

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chiefsoft at bigfoot.com
Sun Dec 19 17:10:00 CET 2004

On 19 Dec 2004 at 2:07, Frank Heckenbach  wrote:

[...]
> To make it clear what I mean, this is the relevant part that was in the
> GPC manual when we had a CVS. I'm not sure if it has to be so
> complicated. For other CVS packages, I usually see different (but not
> much easier) instructions ...
>
> ---8<---
>
> ... via anonymous CVS from:
>
> @smallexample
> CVS root:
>   :pserver:anonymous@@agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de:/usr/local/cvsroot
> Password:
>   anonymous
> Command:
>   checkout gpc
> @end smallexample
[...]

I think that the CVS debate is a red herring. FWIW, I find CVS to be of
dubious benefit (unless people are keen to download unstable code that
might very well change quite significantly after they have downloaded
it). I would rather download tarballs of released code. And Frank is
right. I remember when gpc was available via CVS. IMHO it did not
improve anything from the point of view of getting more developers
working on the compiler, while it made more work for those actually
developing the compiler. If anyone is interested to work on the
compiler itself, I am sure that Frank and Waldek would be most obliged -
 but I don't think that CVS is what will cause this to happen.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.greatchief.plus.com/