Gpc and arm-elf cross compiling

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Thu Dec 23 16:25:00 CET 2004

Francesco Lombardi wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm trying to build a cross compiler from win32-cygwin to arm-elf. I built
> the gcc cross compiler that works very well... Now, with the same
> configuration, I'm trying to build gpc compiler. The building process
> seems good, but if I try to compile a simple pascal code I obtain some
> errors:
>
> C:\cygwin\home\Mode3\Nuova cartella>arm-elf-gpc -o prova.o prova.pp
> /home/gba/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.3.1/libgpc.a(rts.o)(.text+0xed0): In
> function `realpath':
> /home/Administrator/sources/gcc/gcc/p/rts/rts.c:1493: undefined reference to
> `getcwd'
> /home/gba/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.3.1/libgpc.a(rts.o)(.text+0x1114): In
> function `_p_CStringRealPath':
> /home/Administrator/sources/gcc/gcc/p/rts/rts.c:1583: undefined reference to
> `getcwd'

GPC runtime library assumes Unix environment. Your option are:
1) Provide stubs for missing Unix functions.
2) Use GPC without runtime (I wrote  int the past to the list how to do
it).
3) Write mini-runtime which do not need Unix functions

I you manage 2) you can then proceed to 3) picking the functions that
you really need from regular GPC runtime. Or you can do 3) deleting
references to Unix functions from regular runtime. I suspect that
picking parts that you need is easier then deleting but YMMW.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl