gpc-20041218 and AMD-64

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Thu Dec 23 17:21:15 CET 2004

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have built gpc-20041218 for AMD-64 (Fedora Core 2). Attached is the
> result of the testsuite. Is it worth releasing these binaries?

The main problems (that gpc-20041017 had) is fixed now. The thest failures
come form three sources:

1) bit-packed arrays do not work
2) the compiler sometimes can not detect overflow in constant expressions
3) some tests make assumptions that are not longer valid with 64-bit Integer.

Problems 1) and 2) were present in gpc-20040526. 3) gives bad impression,
but is only a minor problem. So the result is no worse then AMD
gpc-20040526.

On the other hand, 1) work in 3.4 (and the 3.4 patch also fixes packed
arrays with 3.3). I am still testing 3.4 patch (mostly for installation
problems). I will be out of town for Christmas, so I will release the
patch probably in the next year.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl