gpc-20041218 - linker problems on Smoothwall

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) chiefsoft at bigfoot.com
Fri Dec 31 01:19:47 CET 2004

Hi

I have built the core gcc-3.3.3 and gpc-20041218 to see whether they
will run on Smoothwall (yes, I know that Smoothwal is a security
appliance and you shouldn't run compilers on it, etc., etc. - but I
have my own reasons).

Anyway, I built the compilers on Fedora Core 1. The gcc compiler
compiles and links simple programs okay. The gpc compiler working on an
"hello world" program on the other hand produces this:

"/usr/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat linux/3.3.3/libgpc.a(rts.o)
(.text+0x21d1): In function `_p_CGetP
wEnt': : Using 'getpwent' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-
linux/3.3.3/libgpc.a(rts.o)(.text+0x215b): In function `_p_CGetP
wNam':
: Using 'getpwnam' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking"

and such other complaints about  'getpwuid' and 'setpwent'.

Any simple solution? Thanks.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.greatchief.plus.com/