Hi everyone - got a question about GPC

Martin Liddle gpc at tynecomp.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 14:32:54 CET 2010

In message
<E41C0EAA432BCC4882FAA451BBFBA72D0171062D at VFUTMLAO11.Enterprise.afmc.ds.a
f.mil>, "Hodges, Robert CTR USAF AFMC 520 SMXS/MXDEC"
<robert.hodges.ctr at hill.af.mil> writes
>I truly appreciate the answers!
>
>Before I continue, I better ask a basic question first:
>
>Will old Pascal code that would be compiled by GCC 2.95.x and GPC 2.1
>be compiled by the latest versions (GPC/GCC) without any problems?

I have just gone through a similar exercise.  There were a few
compilation problems (due to stricter checks and some compiler changes)
but also more run time problems due to value range errors which were
previously being ignored.  It will of course depend on the code but it
shouldn't be too big a job.
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 3 Kentmere Way,
Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3TW.