gpc installation support

Ernst-Ludwig.Bohnen at t-online.de Ernst-Ludwig.Bohnen at t-online.de
Tue Feb 23 16:42:28 CET 2010

-----Original-Nachricht-----
> Subject: Re: gpc installation support
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:18:19 +0100
> From: Maurice Lombardi <Maurice.Lombardi at ujf-grenoble.fr>
> To: gpc <gpc at gnu.de>, gpc-doc at gnu.de

> kriti panday a écrit :
> > HELLO
> > Please tell me how can i get support for gpc installation.To which
> > mail ID ,i will send my question.
> > Please support me.Tell me the procedure for GPC installation on
> > Unix.
> >

> send mail to the gpc list, not to gpc-doc which is specialized and
> pretty dead
>
> download the latest gpc snapshot
>
> http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/gpc/gpc-20070904.tar.bz2
>
> and gcc sources for backend (3.4.x and 4.1.x are fine)
>
> The instructions are in p/INSTALL in the gpc snapshot: in Unix better
> compile the compiler than install binaries.
>
> There has been posted in this list a script to automate the building,
> but I never used it. Maybe the author will give the reference.

You may try the script 'install.gpc -i' at
http://www.desy.de/~bohnen/gpc/tools/install.gpc .

A known difficulty is to figure out a working combination of
gpc & gcc source code versions compiling successfully on your
system. The default URL's can be overwritten for your needs
in ~/.install.gpc.rc .

These 2 lines for 64-bit Suse 11.2 in ~/install.gpc.rc worked fine:
GPC_SRV='http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl';           GPC_DIR='~hebisch/gpc';                 GPC_VER='gpc-20070904'
GCC_SRV='ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de'; GCC_DIR='pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.1.2'; GCC_VER='gcc-4.1.2'

As well as these lines for a 32-bit Suse 11.2 system:
GPC_SRV='http://www.gnu-pascal.de';  GPC_DIR='alpha';  GPC_VER='gpc-20060325'
GCC_SRV='http://www.gnu-pascal.de';  GCC_DIR='alpha';  GCC_VER='gcc-core-3.3.5'

Hope that helps!
Ernst-Ludwig