GPC with gcc-4.[23]

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Wed Jun 22 17:12:39 CEST 2011

Adriaan van Os wrote:

> Waldek Hebisch wrote:
>
> > If you want to try the code note that there are changes to build
> > process, look at toplevel README file.
>
> > Known problems:
> >
> > 1) with gcc-4.y.z testsuite will fail if run immediately after build.
> > Either install before running testsuite or copy 'libgpc.a' from libgpc
> > build directory to gcc subdirectory and copy rts-confing.inc from libgpc
> > build directory to gcc/p/rts subdirectory (you need to create rts
> > subdirectiry)
> > 2) I did not try to build shared libgpc -- it is probably broken.
> > You would need to fix Makefiles to build it.
> > 3) -Wparenthesis does not work with gcc-4.3.z
> > 4) Utilities (binobj and gpidump) are not build with gcc-4.y.z
>
> I tried to build the shared libgpc on i386-apple-darwin9 and it doesn't appear to be broken there.
> Note the changed Pascal rts location in the gcc source tree.
>
> [P18:~/gpc/gpc435u1] adriaan% cd build/i386-apple-darwin9/libgpc/p/rts
> [P18:libgpc/p/rts] adriaan% make GPCSOLIBNAME=libgpc-435u1.dylib WITH_SHARED=yes TARGET_MACHO=1
> [P18:libgpc/p/rts] adriaan% ls -l *dylib
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 adriaan  admin  223228 21 jun 10:22 libgpc-435u1.dylib

Thanks for information.  Actually building shared libgpc "by hand"
(that is by invoking make in libgpc subdirectory with appropriate
arguments) should work.  However, there is some support to trigger
build of shared libgpc from configure and AFAICS this does not
work.  Also, it is now possible to build libgpc in "multilib"
version, for example both 32 and 64 version in the same build,
but the Makefile does not know where to install resulting
shared libraries...

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl