Windows install

Jay Michael jmichael_ll at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 07:22:24 CEST 2012

     Trying to get the source corresponding to the 20070904 Windows distribution, I have downloaded and unpacked

 gpc-20070904.tar.bz2
 mingw-gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-2-src.tar.gz

     Between them, they don't seem to be the complete source of the binary distribution I have installed.

     I can't find any reference to "winmain", which I'm sure is involved in a Windows GUI application.

     The only version of "collect2" is in the "gcc" chain.  It doesn't invoke "windres", and it certainly doesn't say "ld-orig" when it can't find "ld".

     What do I need to download to be in a position to build GPC under and for Windows?