RangeCheckError from RuntimeError

Maurice Lombardi Maurice.Lombardi at ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon Sep 3 17:35:56 CEST 2012

Le 03/09/2012 13:02, Peter a écrit :
> On 03/09/12 05:10, Jay Michael wrote:
>>       My program was terminating with no runtime error message.  When run in gdb, gdb told me it terminated with exit code 52 (I think octal).
>>
>>       I had a Range Check Error.  In gdb, I see that _p_RangeCheckError calls _p_RuntimeError.  Then, _p_RuntimeError has code that might call _p_RangeCheckError.  I didn't trace further -- gdb suddenly becomes unable to single-step, says "Unable to set breakpoint number -37".  (The specific number changes if I keep trying to single-step.  It's always negative.)
>>
>>       I don't know how much better it would have been, but shouldn't _p_RuntimeError have been compiled with range checking suppressed?
>>
>>       (I've found source for RangeCheckError and RuntimeError.  I can't find source for CString2String -- is it an intrinsic function?  It seems to have been inline coded in RuntimeError.)

> Mine is in gpc-bp.pas
>
> function CString2String (Str: CString): TString;
> begin
>    CString2String := StrPas (Str)
> end;

No, Cstring2String is an intrinsic function in gpc.
See e.g. the test file fjf1001.pas: CString2String is understood without
any unit used.

gpc-bp.pas is an help unit to facilitate the gradual conversion of an
old BP program to a new gpc program. See the comment at the beginning of
the unit.

Maurice

--
        Maurice Lombardi
Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique,
mailto:Maurice.Lombardi at ujf-grenoble.fr