GPC for EMX, objects, gperf

Peter Gerwinski pege at rs1.Theo-Phys.Uni-Essen.DE
Wed Sep 13 15:42:53 CEST 1995

Hello everybody.  I have three questions to the mailing list.

1)  I am thinking about porting GPC to the DOS / OS/2 EMX environment.  Does
    anybody already work on that task or has even finished it?

2)  I would like to know more about when there will be Object Pascal extensions
    in GPC, and how they will look like.  (E.g. "class" instead of Borland's
    "object"?  Does "override" mean what I know as "virtual"?)

3)  While trying to implement some Borland extensions into the GPC (i.e. shl/shr
    operators, OOP, ...) I stumbled about the utility program "gperf".  I got
    the source - one as stand-alone C++ source, one as part of the C++ library -
    but could not compile it with gcc-2.6.3 running under Linux kernel 1.2.8.
    Does anybody know where to get Linux binaries for gperf?

So far for the moment.
Thank you,

    Peter

Dipl. Phys. Peter Gerwinski
Fachbereich Physik
Universitaet-GH Essen                   Phone:  +49-201-183-2763
D-45117 Essen                           Fax:    +49-201-183-2120
Germany                                 e-mail: pege at mail.theo-phys.uni-essen.de