BO5 for Linux: bug report and workaround

Peter Gerwinski pege at rs1.Theo-Phys.Uni-Essen.DE
Sat May 4 13:31:13 CEST 1996

Hello, everybody!

I was reported a bug in the BO5 screen drivers for Linux console
(something like a CRT for GPC): on some machines the program stops
with a runtime error "cannot access video memory", even if compiling
and executing as root.

To work around, use the TERMCAP version instead; the only visible
differences are that you (1) have to specify the termcap library when
compiling:

  gpc -I /usr/src/bo5 -D TERMCAP hallo.pas -ltermcap -o hallo

and that (2) you have to set the CL_COLOR environment variable in order
to get colors:

  export CL_COLOR=YES

The next version will fix this bug (I will probably rewrite the
Linux drivers in complete).

Yours,

    Peter