mySQL

Adriaan van Os gpc at microbizz.nl
Thu Jul 15 20:32:52 CEST 2004

Eike Lange wrote:

>  This is more than a derived work, so I can choose the license of this
> work.

No, by copyright law *any* work based on another work is a derived work.

> All units coming along with GNU-Pascal have this header on
> top, so why shouldn't my unit?

No, most of the GPC runtime comes with the following statement:

   GNU Pascal is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
   by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your
   option) any later version.

   GNU Pascal is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
   WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
   General Public License for more details.

   along with GNU Pascal; see the file COPYING. If not, write to the
   Free Software Foundation, 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
   02111-1307, USA.

   As a special exception, if you link this file with files compiled
   with a GNU compiler to produce an executable, this does not cause
   the resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public
   License. This exception does not however invalidate any other
   reasons why the executable file might be covered by the GNU
   General Public License. }

> Would you like to contribute these changes?

No, not with the current license !

> I can't. This is LGPL and if someone needs a different license,
> feel free to write a unit by your own.

I certainly will !

Regards,

Adriaan van Os