Linux 64 bit versions of GPC?

Mike Reid mike.reid at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Dec 21 04:41:27 CET 2006

I've been using an ancient 1999 version of GPC since, well, 1999,
because it worked fine, came as an RPM, and did what I wanted.

However, I've now got a laptop that is running the 64 bit version of
Mandriva Linux. Compiled 32-bit code seems to run OK, but the packaged
versions of the compiler fail at the assembly stage. I.e. I can use my
old versions of GPC to produce assembler, but the assembler gives error
messages even on a "hello world" program.

Is there any simple work-around, or a binary distribution that should
work on my system? Or do I have no option other than compiling from
scratch?

Mike Reid

--
Dr Michael F Reid