gpc20060325 says "new style GCC `-H'

Frank Heckenbach ih8mj at fjf.gnu.de
Tue Oct 3 19:41:18 CEST 2006

Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> 2) Only Frank can tell if gp is supposed to cope with timing reports.
> When using unodified gpc one can give `-Q' option which turns time reports
> on -- Frank should decide if gp is compatible with this option.

The dependency-gathering phase of GP is not compatible with this
option. The option generates a lot more output, and trying to filter
it all in GP would be futile. For the regular compilation calls
(where the -Q output is probably most useful), it's no problem
though.

So the attached patch makes GP filter out an explicit "-Q" option
for the dependency calls. This does not help against lack of an
implicit "-quiet", so Waldek's gpc.c patch is still needed. If you
find that it won't work reliably or with all backends, I might have
to make GP add an explicit "-quiet" ... I wanted to say, but
"-quiet" apparently is used internally between gpc and gpc1 only and
can't be given on the gpc command-line, so that's not an option
(quite literally ;-).

Frank Heckenbach, f.heckenbach at fh-soft.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E
GPC download signing key: ACB3 79B2 7EB2 B7A7 EFDE  D101 CD02 4C9D 0FE0 E5E8