GCC-4.1.1

Frank Heckenbach ih8mj at fjf.gnu.de
Thu Feb 1 12:29:15 CET 2007

Maurice Lombardi wrote:

> I am always afraid that a beginner downloads the latest version, stump on a bug
> and concludes that gpc is not a good compiler.

I share this fear ...

> Since you seem interested I just downloaded it in the usual place
>
> http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/maurice/gpc-20060325-gcc-411.i586-pc-msdosdjgpp.zip
>
> and flagged it with a large ALPHA !!!

Even this might not be clear enough. You might consider to put it in
a subdirectory, which contains a clear warning message. BTW, you can
put the following line in an .htaccess file:

HeaderName header.html

and then put some HTML (fragment) text into the named file that will
appear above the listing of a directory.

Frank Heckenbach, f.heckenbach at fh-soft.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E
GPC download signing key: ACB3 79B2 7EB2 B7A7 EFDE  D101 CD02 4C9D 0FE0 E5E8