GCC-4.1.1

CBFalconer cbfalconer at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 14:40:11 CET 2007

Frank Heckenbach wrote:
> Maurice Lombardi wrote:
>
>> I am always afraid that a beginner downloads the latest version,
>> stump on a bug and concludes that gpc is not a good compiler.
>
> I share this fear ...
>
>> Since you seem interested I just downloaded it in the usual place
>>
>> http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/maurice/gpc-20060325-gcc-411.i586-pc-msdosdjgpp.zip
>>
>> and flagged it with a large ALPHA !!!
>
> Even this might not be clear enough. You might consider to put it in
> a subdirectory, which contains a clear warning message. BTW, you can
> put the following line in an .htaccess file:
>
> HeaderName header.html
>
> and then put some HTML (fragment) text into the named file that will
> appear above the listing of a directory.

I just spent 2+ hours downloading the 4.1.1 set for C, C++, Ada,
and Pascal for DJGPP.  This is a pain.  I hope you will update the
gpc later when corrected and let us (me) know.  I don't want to go
through the whole process again to advance to 4.1.2.  I haven't
installed them yet.

                           -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
                                             -- Thomas Matthews