Full pathnames for units

Maurice Lombardi Maurice.Lombardi at ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Feb 6 11:54:30 CET 2007

Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) a écrit:
> Hi
>
> (this is probably FAO Frank/Waldek)
>
> When building a program and there is an error in one of the units used by
> the program, gpc gives an error in this format:
>
> "timing.pas: In function `GetTimingCounter':
> timing.pas:123: error: function call used as a statement
> timing.pas: In main program:
> timing.pas:160: error: function call used as a statement
> gpc1.exe: gpc exited with status 1"
>
> Would it be possible to provide the full path name to the source file in
> which the error occurred? - e.g.,
> "/pas/units/timing.pas: In function `GetTimingCounter':
> /pas/units/timing.pas:123: error: function call used as a statement
> /pas/units/timing.pas: In main program:
> /pas/units/timing.pas:160: error: function call used as a statement
> gpc1.exe: gpc exited with status 1"
>
> This would be very helpful for those developing IDEs (e.g., me) so that
> the source file can be opened into the IDE, and the cursor placed on the
> first line containing the error.

mmm I use three editors for programming: rhIDE, TextPaD, ConTEXT, all which have
provisions to launch the compiler (with parameters --automake or --autobuild,
--unit-path=...), get the error output into a window, and go to the correct line
in the correct file when clicking onto the line in the error window. All three
suppose that a non absolute path is relative to the directory in which is
located the main file, which is true. This works in all cases.

Now adding what you ask for will give no harm, so why not ?

Maurice

--
        Maurice Lombardi
Laboratoire de  Spectrometrie Physique,