Gnu pascal and gtk

Harmonious Botch rms at fifthavenuebooks.com
Mon Jan 29 03:01:40 CET 2007

I recently installed gnu pascal on fedora.
I have assumed that I installed it correctly because the tradional 'hello
world' compiles and runs fine.
I then installed gtk.
I then tried a gtk version of hello world, as follows:

(************************ program begins here *************)
program hw( output );
{$include "gtk.inc"}
begin
  GtkInit;
  Window := GtkWindowNew(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
  GtkWidgetShow(Window);
  GtkMain;
end.
(************************ program ends here ****************)

I try to compile with:
gpc -Wall -v -c hw.pas -o hw

and I get the following error:
/urs/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include/gtk.inc:9: module/unit `glib' could not
be imported

If I try to compile with:
gpc --automake -Wall -v -c hw.pas -o hw

I get this error:
/urs/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include/gtk.inc:9: module/unit `glib' could not
be compiled

Glib is referenced in gtk.inc, as follows:
(************ code snippet starts here*************)
{ Glib and Gdk standard units. }
uses
  Glib, GModule, Gdk, GdkTypes;
(************ code snippet ends here*************)

So, I have 2 questions:
1) What do these errors mean?  I am assuming that they mean that I have some
file in the wrong directory.
2)What are the proper paths for the installation of the gtk libs? (
Absolute, or relative to the working directory )
Answers to those, or any general advice on how to install & use gtk will be
much appreciated.
Thanks
HB