Problem porting to Mac OS-X

Martin Liddle gpc at tynecomp.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 13:45:08 CET 2008

Apologies because this is probably a silly question.  I have a small
application that I have written in Gnu Pascal that works nicely under
Fedora Core 7 on an Intel PC using gpc 20020502 (yes I know it is old
but there are reasons not connected with this task).  I now want to port
the application to Apple Macs running OS-X.  I have downloaded and
installed gpc 20051116 from <http://www.microbizz.nl/gpc.html> and that
appears to be working.  My application compiles OK but fails at the
linking stage with the message:

/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for : -lcrt1.o

The only unit my application includes is gpc.pas and the only screen
input and output is simple reads and writes.  A search doesn't find a
crt1.o anywhere on the system.  What do I do next?
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 3 Kentmere Way,
Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3TW.