Problem porting to Mac OS-X

Adriaan van Os gpc at microbizz.nl
Thu Jan 10 14:38:32 CET 2008

Martin Liddle wrote:
> Apologies because this is probably a silly question.  I have a small
> application that I have written in Gnu Pascal that works nicely under
> Fedora Core 7 on an Intel PC using gpc 20020502 (yes I know it is old
> but there are reasons not connected with this task).  I now want to port
> the application to Apple Macs running OS-X.  I have downloaded and
> installed gpc 20051116 from <http://www.microbizz.nl/gpc.html> and that
> appears to be working.  My application compiles OK but fails at the
> linking stage with the message:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for : -lcrt1.o
>
> The only unit my application includes is gpc.pas and the only screen
> input and output is simple reads and writes.  A search doesn't find a
> crt1.o anywhere on the system.  What do I do next?

crt1.o is in /usr/lib, or, more general, the result of `gpc -print-file-name=crt1.o`.

[p17-2:~] adriaan% gpc -print-file-name=crt1.o
/usr/lib/crt1.o

However, linking-in crt1.o should normally happen automatically. What exactly are you doing to
compile and link ? On what version of OS X ? Etcetera.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os