Help installing on Mac OSX 10.5

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Wed Jan 30 05:33:50 CET 2008

Could someone point me to simple step-by-step instructions
for complete installation of GPC on Mac OSX 10.5?

I got:
http://www.microbizz.nl/gpc.html
GNU Pascal 3.4.5u2 installer for Mach-O Intel (Intel native and PowerPC cross compiler) (16.6 MB)
and was able to get it installed at:
/Developer/Pascal/gpc345u2/bin/gpc

so:

[toot:~/now/delila] tds% which gpc
/usr/bin/gpc
[toot:~/now/delila] tds% dir /usr/bin/gpc
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  34 Jan 29 23:19 /usr/bin/gpc@ -> /Developer/Pascal/gpc3
45u2/bin/gpc

but when I try to compile I get:

/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o

(along with various warnings about my program that are ok.) I get no
compiled result.  (I also installed the Mac OS X Pascal Interfaces but
that did not help.)
Adding:
--unit-path=/Developer/Pascal/GPCPInterfaces -I/Developer/Pascal/GPCPInterfaces
to my control script did not help.

I have no clue as how to fix this.

Thanks,

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu