Indent program for the GPC

Frank Heckenbach ih8mj at fjf.gnu.de
Thu Jul 3 22:21:25 CEST 2008

pripoae teodor anton wrote:

> 2. What are the multi-styles for this (in the c indent program called indent, I know that there are a lot of styles: k&r, gnu, berkeleyetc...)

Of course, every programmer has his/her own style, and any good
formatter must support them all. ;-) That's why (GNU) indent has a
lot of options.

For a start, have a look at http://www.gnu-pascal.de/h-gpcs-en.html.
But of course, not every programmer, not even everyone on this list,
will agree with it.

> 3. How can i contribute to GPC? I haven't tryed to contribute to GNU software yet.

For a program such as this that's not directly tied to the compiler,
it's quite easy. During development, you can just publish it on your
website or anywhere you like. If you prefer, we can get you a
(ssh/scp/sftp) account to put it in the "Contrib" section on the GPC
home page. When it's finished, we can see how to best integrate it
with GPC.

In any case, if you want it to be an official GPC contribution, the
license of the program must be the GNU GPL (version 3 or later).

Frank Heckenbach, f.heckenbach at fh-soft.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E
GPC download signing key: ACB3 79B2 7EB2 B7A7 EFDE  D101 CD02 4C9D 0FE0 E5E8